An Overview British Airways Name Change Policy
According to British Airways Name Change Policy, travelers are not permitted to travel if the name shows up on the flight ticket don’t match precisely as it shows up on the official travel document (visa, government-provided ID)
Under remarkable conditions, British Airways permits name change requests that include impressive endeavors and costs, for example, British Airway name change charge, re-issue expense, and airfare difference, if there is any.
British Airways name change request incorporates modification up to three characters of the first, middle, or last name. Travelers need to approach our British Airways name change telephone number or contact the closest British Airways ticket office.
Under any conditions, British Airways doesn’t permit the whole first or potentially middle name to be changed on the ticket. The PNR should be canceled and reissued again with a similar airfare basis code or to the higher airfare basis code.
Here is the list of all significant points that you must consider prior to requesting the name change, according to British Airways name change policy:
- British Airways change of name on ticket demands are not allowed for the flight sections booked under Executive Club mileage points.
- Traveler swapping isn’t allowed. In such cases, a traveler needs to cancel their current reservation, and proceed for a refund of cancellation and then, at that point, book another ticket under a different name.
- All British Airways name change requests include a ticket exchange process where flight segments should be held to the original class services and the airfare rules, dependent upon the availability. In case the original flight sections are not accessible in a similar class, then, at that point, a higher accessible class of service and fare rules should be held. Fare Differences might apply.
- When the British Airways name change demands are finished, travelers need to wrap up with the seat selection process again as it is absurd to expect to swap the seats between the new and the current PNR.
British Airways Name Change Prior to The Ticket Is Issued:
- According to British Airways’ name change policy, just three characters can be remedied in the first, middle, or last name.
- The title and the space correction are also counted in the British Airways name change requests.
- The correction or addition of Date of Birth, Gender, adding Infant and Passenger Type Code (PTC) would not be handled as British Airways name change requests.
- For the correction of more than 3 characters, go ahead and contact us at British Airways name change contact number.
- A legal document that approves the new name should be needed to get the British Airways name change request of yours accepted.
Name Change After The Ticket Is Issued in British Airways:
- Travelers can just request the name change under legitimate commitments like separation, marriage, or any new change in the main name or last name that happened in the official travel document later the ticket is issued.
- According to British Airways’ name change policy, just three letters can be corrected in the first, middle, or last name. All name change requests should be supported by the legal documents for approval as the name on the flight ticket ought to show up precisely indistinguishable with the government-issued Photo ID.
- British Airways travelers subsequent to finishing the name change requests need to reissue their tickets as the flights would be rebooked in the equivalent or lower/higher accessible class. Travelers would be answerable for the British Airways name change expense alongside any pertinent charge difference.
What is the Rule of British Airways Name Change Policy:
- As a rule, British Airways name correction request is just allowed on the flights that are operated by British Airways given that the ticket number should begin with 236.
- In specific uncommon conditions, changes up to three characters in a first name, center name, or last name, and passport/marriage changes are requested for a British Airways name change charge.
Change Name British Airways Request: According to British Airways name change policy, name correction of up to three characters is allowed on the British Airways flight segment. The count of 3 characters is joined aggregate and will not be perceived as the 3 characters each for the first name and last name. British Airways name change expense of 250 USD would be assessed in addition to any applicable fare difference.
British Airways Name Change Marriage Request: British Airways name correction request for change after marriage or separation can be requested to travel on British Airways operated flights. A Legal Document that supports the new name is required to process the British Airways name change request. The British Airways name change charge of 250 USD would be evaluated in addition to any applicable fare difference.
British Airways Name Change Charges
British Airways name change expense of 150 USD would be charged in lieu of a name change request within 24 hours of the date of purchase. A legal document will be required to support the British Airways ticket name change request where travelers can lawfully change or correct their first name, title, middle name, last name, or any/all mix of them.
In such cases, another PNR ought to be made and the re-issuance of the flight ticket would occur in a similar accessible or higher accessible class of service. Any relevant charge contrast might apply.
After 24 hours, British Airways name change charge of 250 USD would be surveyed, and just name correction requests up to three characters on the main, center or last name would be considered.
The count of 3 characters is joined aggregate and will not be perceived as the 3 characters each for the primary name, middle name, and last name.
How To Change Passenger Name On British Airways Flights?
Passengers can update the name online by means of the British Airways official website or also via calling them. If you are choosing online means then, you can just deal with British Airways name change requests.
Via call, not simply British Airways name change request can be actioned yet, in addition, the name correction request on your flight booking. We should comprehend the step-by-step guide of the accompanying three different ways:
Change Name Online:
- Go to britishairways.com, and click on the Manage tab option available on the landing page of the website.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference alongside the last name of the traveler. After this, click on ‘Track down my booking to recover your flight details.
- Click on the Name revision link available in the upper right corner.
- According to British Airways name change policy, travelers can address up to three characters on the first name, middle name, or last name, or any/all mix of all. A count of three characters will not be perceived as three characters each for first name, center name, and last name.
- When you are done with the changes, click on the ‘confirm’ button to continue.
- You would be diverted to the checkout page. Pay the necessary British Airways name change cost to finish the request.
- Your booking will be sent for re-issuance, as you will get the confirmation on your registered email address within 2-3 hours. In the event that you previously checked in, you will have to do it again.
Change Name On Flight Ticket Via Tools (For Travel Agents Only)
Here is a tool that third-party travel agents can use to make correction of their name for the flight ticket that they have booked under british airways:
- Go to com, and find the Partner Login tab on the landing page.
- Enter your travel credentials to sign in.
- Navigate to the My Bookings tab, and enter the Group ID to continue with the British Airlines incorrectly spelled name request.
- Click on ‘Alter/View Passenger’s details, and enter the original PNR.
- Download the format that incorporates the traveler’s very own data details related to the concerned booking.
- Subsequent to downloading and adding the right names, save the changes, and snap on the ‘choose File’ option to transfer. Prior to transferring, cross-check the details if they are accurate with next to no slip-ups. The name should be as it shows up on the official document (Passport, picture ID).
- Save the details, and recover the PNR to check whether the names are now appearing accurately or not.
Change Name On Flight Ticket Over The Phone Call
If you find calling more convenient, then you can also dial the British Airways name change phone number , and wait for the agent to get connected. They will assist you to address your concern in real time and will help you to make changes in your name.
Changing the name while traveling with British Airways becomes so easy with the presence of the British Airways Name Change Policy. All the conditions you must follow to amend your name are listed here. Fees for changing your name are mentioned here, and make sure that your name on the flight ticket matches the name highlighted in your passport or identification card. In need of more assistance, dial +1-833-714-2120 without thinking about anything else. Our adept team members will ensure that all of your queries regarding this policy will vanish when you get connected.
Know More About British Airways Policy