All you need to know about Alaska Airlines Flight Cancellation
Flight cancellation is a common request made by passengers on account of last-minute plan changes. However, it can sometimes be exhausting, frustrating, and even expensive if you have passed the free cancellation window. However, proper information prior to the flight booking can help you save a lot of money or even time.
Here, we are going to list all the information regarding Alaska Airlines cancellation policy, which you can navigate before you proceed to cancel your Alaska Flight. Different information covered here will include the Alaska Flight Cancellation fee, 24-hour cancellation policy, refund status on cancellation, and other mandatory details through which you will know the whole process of Alaska Flight Cancellation.
Alaska Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
Following are some of the major pointers you need to know before you proceed to cancel your Alaska Airlines Flight:
- Passengers with saver fare tickets need to cancel their Alaska Airlines reservation within 24 hours. After this period, you might not be eligible for a cancellation, or the refund will be offered in the form of travel credit, which will be 50% of the amount you have paid for flight bookings.
- Any Saver ticket needs to be canceled at least 14 days before the flight’s scheduled departure. After which, no cancellation will be permitted on the flight.
- Certain restrictions are also applicable on the cancellation of flights for other fare type. Also, for the non-refundable fares, only travel credits are offered on flight cancellations.
- Alaska Airlines Flight cancellation also depends on the time you have booked your tickets or the time remaining for flight departure.
- For any flight canceled within 24 hours of flight booking, a cancellation fee will be applicable.
- Award tickets can be canceled anytime before the flight departure for which passengers will be receiving travel credits.
Alaska Flight Cancellation Fee For Different Fare Type
Flight cancellation eligibility and subsequent fee is impacted by the fare type under which you have made the reservation. So, the Alaska Flight Cancellations for different fare types are listed below:
Alaska Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy for Saver Type
For passengers with a saver ticket, cancellation with no additional fee will be applicable if the same has been requested within 24 hours of flight booking. However, outside the 24-hour windows, no cancellation will be permitted for the passengers to request Saver tickets as per the Alaska Flight Cancellation policy.
Alaska Flight Cancellation fee for other travel classes (Main Cabin, First Class)
No cancellation fee is applicable on the Main cabin or the first class booked on Alaska Airlines. Also, the cancellation fee has been permanently removed for the award tickets.
For any flight that has been canceled within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, a cancellation fee of USD 125 needs to be paid..
Book a flight with a Credit Certificate
Flight can be easily booked through a credit certificate. In order to redeem a credit certificate while flight booking, you need to select a certificate or gift card in payment mode; afterwards, provide the certificate code and PIN in order to book your flight.
How to Cancel Your Alaska Flight
You can easily cancel your Alaska Airlines Flight from the official website of the airline. All you need to do is follow the given steps for Alaska Flight Cancellation:
- On the official website of Air Alaska Airlines, click on the section “Manage” on the homepage.
- Provide the following information:
- Passengers Information
- Confirmation Code
- Now, you have access to your flight details, where you can find the option to cancel or make modifications to your flight tickets.
- Hit on the suitable option based on your preference.
- Now, you might have to pay some additional fee for which you need to keep your payment details ready.
- Once the changes have been confirmed, you will be notified through mail or SMS.
Flight cancellation online can be done for the award tickets. However, for group booking, you need to dial the Air Alaska Helpline number. Also, for third-party booking, they need to contact their respective seller directly for any flight change or cancellation.
In case of last-minute changes in plans, you can opt for flight changes in which you can change your current booking to another flight. However, certain terms and conditions needs to be fulfilled when you request a flight change on Alaska Airline:
- As per the latest flight change mandates, you can change your Alaska Airlines flight without any additional fee. Only the fare difference will be applicable.
- In case you are looking for same-day flight changes, that needs to be requested during the check-in time. In case of same-day confirmed changes, an additional fee of USD 25-30 will be applicable.
Alaska Airlines Refund Policy
The major concern for any flight, especially the one booked without travel credits, is the refund status on their cancellation. The status of the refund depends on the fare type and the time remaining for the flight departure.
- A full refund will be offered on any tickets, including the saver type if the cancellation has been done within 24 hours of flight booking and at least 24 hours before the flight departure.
- In order to be eligible for a refund, your ticket needs to be booked/purchased from official Alaska Airline Sources like Alaskaair.com, mobile app, Alaska Airline Reservation Call center, or from the ticket counter.
- Your ticket should not include any Government Fare.
- Should be canceled within a period of 1 year from the flight booking.
- You should have booked your flight ticket using USD as the form of currency. Also, the flight booking should not comprise any unaccompanied minors.
How to Apply for a Refund on an Alaska Airlines Ticket
In case you have canceled your ticket and are eligible for a full refund, then you can request for the same through either through the “Manage Trip” section on the homepage.
Also, you can connect with the customer support of the Airline through the helpline number and request for the same. Eligible refunds are transferred in the original form of payment.
How Long does it take in order to receive a Refund
Based on the mode of payment, it might take between 7-20 days to receive the refund in the original form of payment. Payments made by Credit Card will be refunded within seven days, and the ones made through cash can take more than 20 days.
Passengers also have the option to track their refund status, for which they can dial the helpline number or send a mail to the customer support of the airlines.
Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy for Non-Refundable Tickets
In case you are canceling a non-refundable fare, the amount on your ticket will be converted to travel credits or credit certificates or can be held in the form of a ticket that can be utilized in the future. Following are some terms and conditions for holding a credit certificate:
- A credit certificate will be valid for a period of 30 days from the date of cancellation.
- You cannot use a credit certificate while booking through the mobile app.
- While booking a flight through a credit certificate, a certificate code or PIN will be necessary.
Air Alaska No-Show Policy
The passengers who are absent from their flight without any notification regarding their absences will not be eligible for any kind of refund. Also, in case of a “No-Show,” All the bookings made in that segment will be canceled.
Alaska Airlines Customer Support
In case of any query regarding cancellation or refund, you can connect with the customer support services of Alaska Airlines. Various means are available to connect Air Alaska support, some of which are listed below:
Air Alaska Helpline Number:
The first and the primary option to connect with Alaska Airlines is through a call. With that, you can directly interact with a live person. All the common queries, including special requests, can be made through the Alaska Helpline number is 1-833-714-2120
A live chat option is available on each and every page of Alaska Airlines. All you need to do is hit on the option “Message US” and then write your query.
For special requests or any other issues, you can send a mail to Alaska Airlines. However, it can be estimated that at least 24 hours can take for the Airlines to reply to your mail.
Connect with Flightaura
Passengers who are not receiving any revert or are unable to connect with Alaska Airlines customer support can contact us regarding any issue they are having with Alaska Airlines. We at Flightaura provide assistance regarding any kind of issue passengers are having regarding their flight bookings. For information regarding any travel policy for any airline, you can refer to the blog section. Flightaura is also available for the passenger to confirm their flight reservation.
Ending It Up
The Alaska Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy is an important source of information for passengers who wish to cancel or change their flight. It is recommended that the passenger cancel their ticket within 24 hours to avoid any charges and get a full refund. While no additional fee is applicable on different classes, a Saver Type ticket is an exception that you cannot refund after 24 24-hour period. In case of a flight change, you need to pay only the fare difference.