Lufthansa Airlines is one of the major players in the aviation industry. It manages flights to and from all major destinations in the world. Traveling in it is usually a smooth experience. However, sometimes, you must cancel the tickets due to unavoidable circumstances. If you choose to cancel your travel suddenly, then, in that case, Lufthansa holds the right to cancel the flight up to 24 hours before the departure.
Lufthansa Airlines refund policy affirms that it will not charge you any cancellation cost if you have a refundable ticket. Also, if you have a non-refundable ticket, then Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation Policy states that you cannot cancel it. In this write-up, we shall discuss Lufthansa Airlines Policy when it comes to ticket cancellations and refunds.
Lufthansa 🛫 Airlines ❌ Cancellation Policy ❌
- According to Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy, you can cancel the ticket 24 hours before the departure of the flight. Furthermore, you will have to pay a cancellation fee if you wish to get a refund.
- If you make the cancellation within 24 hours of the purchase and the scheduled departure duration is more or equal to a week, then he/she gets a full refund from Lufthansa Airlines.
- A non-refundable ticket does not attract a refund. If you hold a non-refundable ticket, then the airlines will cancel the full price of the ticket without giving any refund to the passenger.
- If the airlines cancel the flight and you do not wish to get a ticket on a later date, then you must request a reimbursement claim by sending an email to the airlines. Lufthansa will pay the compensation in the passenger’s account within 20 business days.
Lufthansa 🛫 Airlines 😷 Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
- Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation Policy in the case of Covid-19 states that the passenger is entitled to get a complete refund if the flight is canceled due to Covid-19.
- If you have used none of the portions of the ticket, then the airline will issue a full refund. However, the airline will refund that part of the ticket that has not been used in case a portion of the ticket has already been utilized.
- If you decide to cancel the ticket by yourself, then the reimbursement will be determined by your tariff terms.
How can you cancel a Lufthansa 🛫 Airlines ticket?
Passengers can cancel the ticket either on the phone or online, or at the counter. Let’s understand the procedures involved in each of these:
Online Method 🌎
- At the outset, you need to visit the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Under “Book and Manage,” you need to go to “Cancellation and Refund.”
- Now you have to log in using the booking Id and your last name
- Choose the Cancel option to cancel your Lufthansa flight
- You shall receive a confirmation email that will confirm your cancellation
On the phone 📱
You can also make the cancellation over the phone by calling the Lufthansa customer care number at any time of the day.
At the Counter 📋
You can also make the cancellation at the airport check-in office or at the Lufthansa ticket counter. All you need is your reservation information and a government-issued picture ID for cancellation.
How much does Lufthansa 🛫 Airlines charge for the cancellation?
Lufthansa charges a cancellation fee after the expiration of the risk-free period. The airline charges USD 39 for refundable tickets and USD 50 for award tickets. Non-refundable tickets, as the name suggests, are not refundable and require full payment even after the cancellation.
Lufthansa 🛫 Airlines Refund Policy 2021
Lufthansa Airlines Refund Policy clearly states that if the passenger cancels the ticket within 24 hours of the purchase and the departure is seven days ahead, then the customer is liable for a full refund. The first 24 hours after you buy the ticket is the risk-free period. If the traveler makes the cancellation after these 24 hours, then he/she gets a refund after subtracting the cancellation charges from the total price of the ticket.
If customers who have a non-refundable ticket cancel it within 24 hours of booking, they will not get a refund, but their ticket will stand canceled. But, if you have a refundable ticket and you are willing to pay the cancellation charges, then you shall get the refund by subtracting the cancellation charge from the amount of the ticket. After subtracting this cancellation fee and any other applicable expenses, the customer shall get a refund.
Lufthansa 🛫 Airlines Policy on Flight 💺Change
Due to Covid-19, Lufthansa Airlines has come up with a new flight change policy. This particular policy applies to existing, new as well as canceled flights for short, medium, and long duration flights. According to this flight change policy, travelers can change and re-schedule all flights related to Covid-19, absolutely free of charge.
We have tried to walk you through the Lufthansa Airlines cancellation and refund policies. At Flight Aura, we consistently educate our customers about the cancellation and refund policies of different airlines. We are your consistent travel partner that helps you secure great deals on air tickets.
With Flight Aura, book your flights to all travel destinations across the world, and that too at the cheapest fares. Contact us to save big on all travel-related purchases. Mail us at email@example.com or chat with us on our website–> [www.flightaura.com]. We look forward to serving you!