With its headquarter in Miramar, Florida, Spirit Airlines is known as one of the best and most affordable airlines. The airline flies in and around more than 80 national as well as international destinations.
With a fleet size of 180, the airline ensures that it provides the most comfortable travel experience to its passengers from across the globe.
Spirit Airlines understand that anyone might need to cancel or make changes to a pre-decided plan anytime, especially after the COVID hit. This is why there exists a Spirit Airlines cancellation policy COVID.
This piece of the document states all the terms and conditions that the airline follows whenever someone makes edits to their Flight Bookings. In addition to that, it also mentioned what fee the airline charges for these services.
To know about how you can change or cancel a Spirit Reservation and to learn the policy in simpler terms, this blog is just right for you. Here, you will find a step-by-step ABC for the same. Let’s get started!
How to Change a Spirit Airlines Booking?
Let us first understand how you can make changes to an existing booking with Spirit Airlines.
- To initiate the process, go to its official website.
- Here, from the menu bar, look for the ‘My Trips’ option.
- Click on that and let the new window open on your screen.
- Thereafter, you can log into your Spirit Airlines account by putting in your email address and password.
Otherwise, put in your last name and the confirmation code of your bookings.
- To locate the confirmation code, check your emails. Spirit Airlines shares it after you book your flight.
- Now, hit the Continue button.
- You will now be direct to a new window. Here, you will see your reserved flight seat details before you.
- Next, select the three vertical dots beside the ticket and from the options, click on the change option.
- Furthermore, make the necessary changes to your bookings and continue on the next page.
- Finally, on the payment page, pay the penalty (if any), and you are good to go.
Remember to check your emails for the confirmation of the same.
The process of canceling a Spirit Airlines booking is very similar to making changes. Let’s see.
- Firstly, head to the homepage of Spirit Airlines’ official site.
- Here, hit the My Trips option available beside Booking and log into your account.
- Now, go to your booked ticket and click on options.
- This is where you will find the Cancel Flight button; hit that.
- Thereafter, a pop-up window will appear on your screen to ask for your confirmation.
- Select the OK tab, and you are done.
To get your money back, fill out the refund form available on the same site. The airline will deduct any cancellation fee applied and refund the rest.
Here is what the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy COVID states:
- A passenger can cancel a flight ticket for free within the first 24 hours of making the reservations. Now, remember, this is only applicable to the bookings that are purchased at least a week before the take-off day.
- The airline will also not charge any fee if you terminate your reservations 60 days prior to its departure.
- In case the cancellation is from the airline’s end, due to a technical or mechanical error, or because of bad weather, you will receive a full refund.
- Here, you can either take a few seats on the next available flight or can claim a refund, as per your wish.
- Spirit Airlines also does not charge a cancellation fee on cancellations made due to extreme situations. This includes death or illness of the person or a close relative, jury duty, etc. All you need to do is present documents for the same and get your entire money back.
- Also, if the airline delays your flight for more than 2 hours, claim a 100% refund on your booking.
Spirit Airlines Flight Cancellation Fee charges different amounts under different circumstances. Refer to the points hereafter to understand better:
- Under 24-hour free cancellation policy and 60 days before the departure date: Free Cancellation
- Cancellation within 59-15 days: USD 39
- Termination within 14-7 days: USD 59
- Cancellation within the last week: USD 79
You can make a cancellation during the last hour.
Spirit Airlines Flight Change Fee,Now, let us put our eyes on the flight change fee:
- Under 24-hour free change policy and 60 days before the departure date: Free Cancellation
- Edits within 59-15 days: USD 39
- Changes within 14-7 days: USD 59
- Modification within the last week: USD 79
- Changes done on the day of departure: USD 99 Also, remember that the fees can vary in certain situations.
- We people are very uncertain. One day we are packing our bags for a vacation, and the next day we are looking for a way to claim refunds from our airlines.
- If this sounds very familiar to you and you are also in need of learning Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy COVID and process, you are at the right place.
In this blog, you must have learned about the steps involved in in Spirit flight change and cancellation, flight change policy, and penalty structure.
In case you still have doubts, get in touch with the experts at Flightaura. Our team is there to help you book, change, cancel, and provide every other airline-related service.
Get in touch with us anytime you need as we are available for you 24×7 and get the solution to all your problems under one roof!