An Overview of JetBlue Check-in Policy
Passengers of Jet Blue have various options for check-in in order to confirm their presence on the flight. As per the JetBlue Airline Check-in Policy, passengers can prefer to check in either from the ticket counter or complete their check from the official website, where they can complete other formalities related to their booking. The process of check-in needs to be completed within the given time frame prior to the flight’s scheduled departure. Along with that, other formalities need to be completed depending on your flight fares, amount of luggage, type of flight, and many others. All these details are covered under the JetBlue Airline Check-in Policy, which we are going to discuss here. Read this blog post to get all the useful insights regarding check-in JetBlue.
Dial Toll Free Number For Assistance: +1-833-714-2120
Basic Guidelines for the Passenger to Check-in Their JetBlue
Once their booking has been confirmed, passengers need to keep the following things in order to complete their check-in JetBlue for the flight:
- The check-in cut-off time for passengers on a domestic flight is 40 minutes (along with checked baggage) and 30 minutes (without any checked baggage). For international flights, it is around 60 minutes.
- The Boarding time for the passengers is 15 minutes (for domestic flights) and 20 minutes (for international flights) prior to the flight’s scheduled departure.
- A remote check-in facility is also available for the passengers. For that, passengers need to complete their check-in at least 2 hours before the flight departure.
Process of JetBlue Check in Policy for Flight
Passengers has various options in order to complete their check-in process on a Jetblue Flight. Below we have listed all the available options process, which will be elaborated on later:
- Jetblue online Check-in or web Check-in
- Jet Blue check-in through the Mobile app
- Remote check-in for Jetblue Flights
- Kiosk Check
- Airport counter check-in
JetBlue Online Check-in
The facility to check in online is available to the passengers boarding a Jet Blue flight, where they need to complete the check-in process within the time frame of 24 hours -40 minutes prior to the flight’s scheduled departure. 40 minutes is the cutoff time which, in the case of any international flight, is 60 minutes. An exception for the check-in time is for the flight from/to Cuba, where it is at least 4 hours before the flight departure. To complete the check-in process through the Jetblue website, follow the given steps:
- Visit the official website of Jetblue.
- On the homepage, you can find the option for “check-in” at the top of the page. Hit on it.
- Afterward, on the new page, you need to provide your booking details which are the confirmation number, e-ticket number, and your last name. Then, hit on the button titled “Find a flight.”
- Now, confirm your check-in process and select the means to receive your boarding pass, which are:
- Print your boarding
- Receive boarding by Email.
Various Other Options Passengers Can have While Checking in Through the JetBlue Website are Listed Below:
- Passengers can change their seats based on availability.
- The seat upgradation option to the first class is available through the online check-in method.
- Print out bag tags at home through the online option available on the website.
Although the process of JetBlue Check-in for flights is easy and simple, there are some exceptions where the passengers cannot do their check-in online.
Below We have Listed Some of the Exceptions in the Case of JetBlue Check in Policy:
- Passengers boarding on a flight from/to Cuba cannot do online check-in.
- Travelers with an unconfirmed holding need to check in from the ticket counter at the airport.
- In case you need any special medical assistance, then you need to check in from the airport only.
- Passengers holding an unaccompanied minor booking cannot complete the check-in process online.
- While traveling with a pet or service animal, you cannot confirm your check-in through the online process.
Use the JetBlue Mobile App for the Check-in Process.
Apart from the JetBlue check-in online option, Passengers can also utilize the option to complete their check-in through the mobile app. The time frame to check in through the mobile app is in between 24 hours to 40 minutes (domestic flight) & 60 minutes (international). However, there are some things that passengers need to keep in mind. Some of them are listed below:
- From the mobile app, you can download the boarding pass for any flight booking only one time.
- Passengers can download the boarding pass from the mobile app for all domestic flights and some selected international flights.
How to Download the JetBlue Boarding from the Mobile App
The first and foremost step is that you download the Jetblue Airline mobile app on your smartphone. Afterward, follow the given steps:
- On your mobile app, tap the option “boarding pass.”
- Then, provide your flight details which are “ticket number” and your “full name.”
- After that, your flight’s boarding pass will be generated, which you can download as a bar code on your mobile phone.
- Save the barcode, which you need to show at the check-in counter and the departure gate at the airport.
Other Amenities Available for the User on the JetBlue Mobile Include:
- Flight booking directly from your mobile.
- Online check-in and seat change.
- Flight change or cancellation.
- Other modifications in already booked flights like prepayment of checked baggage, booking an airport pick up, or booking inflight entertainment like snacks, drinks, and other options.
- Manage JetBlue Travel Credit
- Connect with Jetblue crew members through chat for assistance.
Check-in JetBlue Airways from a Remote Location
Passengers with JetBlue flight reservations have the option for a remote check-in. An additional fee is applicable of USD 20. Various remote properties for Jetblue check-in include convention centers, rental car centers, parking areas off airports, onboard cruise ships, and many others. The remote check-in cut-off time should be at least 2 hours before the flight departure.
The process for remote check-in is very simple; where all you need to do is visit the remote check-in facility. Depending on the location, you need to be present for check-in much early than the departure time. Reach the check-in location along with your baggage which you need to drop there while checking in. Once your check-in is done, a boarding pass will be generated, and your baggage will be tagged and will be taken directly to the airport by the check-in facility.
Curbside Check-in for Jetblue Airways
The curbside check-in option is available only at selected airports like JFK International and a few others. This check-in window is from 6 hours to 40 minutes. The check-in facilities can be considered a great alternative for avoiding long lines. However, while check-in at the curbside facility, you need to show some documents along with your ticket, which are:
- Photo ID
- Flight reservation code
- E-ticket number
Other Things to Keep in While Making a Check-in at the Curbside Are:
- Passengers can make curbside checks only during airport hours of operation.
- The check-in fee is zero. However, for a checked bag, there is an additional fee of USD 3 that can be made through debit/credit cards.
Kiosk Check for JetBlue Flight
The self-service kiosk facility of Jetblue Airlines can be located in the airport. The check-in window is available 6 hours prior to the scheduled departure for passengers with checked baggage. The passengers without any checked baggage can proceed for check-in anytime within the 24 hours prior to the flight’s scheduled departure. To check in your baggage, the self-tag options are also available at some of the major airport stations. The process to check in at the Kiosk is simple involving a few steps that have been listed below:
- At the Kiosk, select the option for check-in, after which you have to provide the following details:
- Confirmation code
- E-ticket number
- Passport number
- Credit/Debit Details
- True Blue Number
- Once you have provided these above details, your flight booking will appear on the screen, which you need to confirm.
- In the case of checked bags, you need to mention their details, i.e., the number of the bag, along with the payment details.
- Confirm your check-in and generate your JetBlue boarding pass.
- In the case of the self-tag option, you can also create a bag tag for easy check-in of baggage.
- Afterward, go to the bag drop area, submit your baggage, and proceed to board your flight.
Other Privileges Available for the Passengers at the Kiosk Include
- Seat change while check-in or upgradation to first class.
- Baggage addition for which you can also generate bag tags.
- In case you are taking a pet, then add your pet details to your flight ticket.
- Add another known traveler or a true blue member.
Once the check-in process is complete, you need to reach the baggage drop area, where the crewmember with verify your identity and scan your baggage for weight and size. In case your baggage exceeds any of the parameters, then you might have to pay an extra fee as per the JetBlue baggage policy.
The Kiosk Check-in Facility is not Available for the Following Passengers
- Passengers with an unconfirmed booking.
- Traveler having a flight from/to Cuba.
- Passengers who need medical assistance need to check in from the ticket counter.
- International flight passengers need to check in from the ticket counter only.
- For a group reservation of more than ten passengers, check-in needs to be done from the ticket counter only.
Prefer the Basic Check-in Method from the Ticket Counter at the Airport
The most easy and simple method to check-in for any airline is from the ticket counter at the airport. Although the check window is available 40 minutes before the departure time, the passengers are advised to report at least 3-4 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure to complete their check-in process. The reason for that, in the case of any checked baggage, they need to complete the payment for them, which might take some time. Make sure that you have all the documents with you while reporting for check-in at the airport counter.
Timing for Various Modes as per JetBlue Check in Policy
The duration of the check-in time window varies as per the mode you have selected to confirm your presence on the flight. Check-in timings for various modes in JetBlue Flight are as Follows:
|Mode of Check-in||Timings.|
|Online/Mobile App Check-in||40 minutes before the Departure
60 minutes in case of international flight
|Remote check-in||Passengers should check in a minimum of 2 hours before the flight departure.|
|Curbside Check-in||Check-in window is from 6 hours to 40 minutes from the flight’s scheduled departure.|
|Kiosk Check-in||With checked baggage: From 6 hours-40 minutes
Without checked baggage: from 24 hours-40 minutes.
|Check-in at the Airport Counter||For domestic flights:
With checked baggings: 40 minutes before the scheduled departure.
Without checked baggings: 30 minutes before the scheduled departure
For international flights,
60 minutes before the departure.
Wrapping it Up
In the above discussion, we have listed all the available information regarding JetBlue Airline Check-in Policy. The details of all the aspects related to check-in, like various modes, check-in timings, various policies for checked baggage, and others. Now, if you need further information, you can connect with us through the given helpline number or use the live chat option to connect with us instantly.