Delta name change policy allows minor corrections on confirmed booking for a fee. Working in compliance with the Department of Transportation guidelines, Delta Airlines allows name correction to ensure that the traveller’s name exactly matches with the valid photo ID or passport. Besides, this policy ensures that the reservation details are documented correctly so that PNR cancellation can be avoided. However, Delta Airlines name change rule does not allow the change of ownership from one traveller to another.
Applicable Criteria for Delta Name Change Rule
To change the name, one should stick to the below-given criteria:
- The name changing rules will be applicable on the flights operated by Delta Airlines, having its ticket stock initials 006.
- When there is a codeshare or interline agreement flight, the name change request can only be considered on the Delta flight segment.
- The name change policy allows only one reissue per ticket.
- No changes are allowed to flight dates, fare class, or origin/destination point. Besides, the policy does not support any corrections to DOB or gender. However, minor corrections can be done to the date of birth when the error is committed at the time of booking.
- Minor name corrections are allowed under the Delta name change policy which includes up to three characters.
- Delta change passenger name policy includes one correction per passenger and does not allow any change to the personal information of the travellers.
- Once the name correction request is processed, a new ticket will be reissued in case of further alteration.
Delta Name Correction Overview
Below is a comprehensive overview of the Delta name change requests that can be processed under the name change policy of Delta airlines flights:
1: When making the following corrections
- First/Middle/Last Names
- Nickname to Legal Name
- Inverted Names Adding Middle Name
- Adding an additional Last Name
All of these changes are allowed under Delta Airlines’ Name Change Policy; however, the ticketed name must match the government-issued ID/passport. Furthermore, the DOB and gender must match those on the government-issued ID/passport.
2: To Add a legal name in case of Marriage, Divorce, and Adoption
In this case, the OSI Delta Airlines name change waiver code would be applicable. OSIs or Other Service Information is typically applicable in special circumstances.
3: To Add Delta Airlines Middle Name
According to Delta’s policy, middle name adjustment necessitates rebooking a new reservation with the correct name. It entails the development of a new PNR, also known as a record locator.
Instructions to Adhere With When Processing Delta Name Change Request
With reference to the above-given scenarios of name changes, travellers need to consider the below-given important points:
- Delta’s policy on flight name changes would apply to both restricted and non-restricted tickets.
- Character modification is allowed on the same PNR; however, when it comes to adding or removing the middle name, a new PNR will be issued.
- All third-party travel agents must secure the original booking class as ticketed in the Delta name change procedure; if the existing class is not available, the flights must be rebooked in the lower available class.
- Once the name is corrected, Secured Flight Passenger Details must be added again to the PNR. Additionally, it should exactly match the passport or government-issued photo ID.
- Furthermore, the OSI entry must be added when requesting the name change.
How to Change Name on a Delta Airlines Ticket?
The Delta name correction can be done via phone or online. In order to make the corrections to the name, you must meet the below-given criteria:
- It should be a Delta operated flight and ticket issued with the stock number 006.
- The validating career should be Delta airlines.
- The name change policy is not applicable once the traveller is already checked into the flight.
Passenger Name Change Online For Delta Airlines
To get the job accomplished:
- Open the Delta.com website and move to the My Trips section.
- Next, provide the 6-digit booking reference or 13-digit ticket number.
- Now provide the right booking reference or ticket number to recover the reservation.
- Select the tab for name correction. To correct a name, select it and check the box next to it. Please note that Delta policy requires the name on the ticket to match the name on a passport or other acceptable government-issued photo ID.
- Only three characters can be corrected after following the above-given set of steps.
- After placing the request, you will need to hit on Confirm & Save.
- When on the checkout page, pay the name change fee along with the applicable fare to move ahead with the request.
- You can now get your ticket reissued with the corrected name to the same or lower available class.
- After the completion of the transaction, you will receive a confirmation notification on your registered email.
Place the Name Change Request via Call
The alternative method to place the name correction request under Delta Name Change Policy, perform the below-given steps:
- To retrieve your reservation, enter your six-digit Delta PNR or e-ticket number.
- Only misspelt charterers will be updated, therefore you should ask the agent to correct the name.
- You must also email a copy of your passport or a government-issued photo ID for confirmation.
- To proceed with the request, travellers must pay the Delta Airlines name change charge as well as the necessary fare difference. The ticket would be reissued in the same or lower class as before.
- The Delta flight name change confirmation will be sent to your registered email address after the transaction is completed.
FAQs on Delta Airlines Name Change Policy
1: Is it possible to change the passenger’s name on the Delta ticket flight?
Yes! If you have mistakenly entered a wrong name when booking a flight with Delta airlines, then you can correct up to three characters in the first or the last name. The name change fees with the fare difference will be applied. However, you can’t get the name corrected after checking into the flight.
What is the name change cost on the Delta ticket?
Delta name change request can be processed with a name change fee of 125 USD within 24 hours of booking. Besides, the fare changes may also apply when the reservation would be reissued in the same class of service.
- How to get help in changing my Delta Skymiles?
To get assisted in Delta name correction booked via Skymiles, you can dial our helpline number. Besides, you can get all your queries answered related to the Delta Name Change Policy.